Medical Science Liaisons, MSLs (5 F/T Positions)
New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, Houston
Vice President, Medical Affairs
Regular, Full-time, Exempt
||Develops and maintains professional relationships with internal and external customers to provide comprehensive medical and scientific support.
|Essential Duties and
(Include but not limited to
Other duties may be assigned)
- Deliver clinical and scientific presentations to health care professionals.
- Support medical community with up-to-date medical information, robust diseases expertise and product information.
- Provide scientific support at medical conferences.
- Develop and maintain peer-to-peer collaborations and relationships with key medical experts in relevant therapeutic areas.
- Respond to unsolicited medical information requests using a customized approach.
- Provide medical and scientific input into the planning and execution of Advisory Boards as needed. Work with physicians experts to review speaker presentations and provide medical references when requested.
- Train staff, including sales team on key scientific and medical topics in relevant therapeutic areas.
- Participate in the development and review of professional slide decks, medical letters, clinical summaries and sales materials.
- Maintain compliance with all internal and external legal and regulatory guidelines.
- Understand the role and contributions provided by Medical Science Liaisons and Medical Affairs.
- Facilitate information, education, and research activities for physicians and ancillary healthcare professional regarding current and future therapies in development and launch products by NS Pharma.
- Work closely with R&D, Commercial, and Medical Affairs to ensure information, education and research needs of healthcare professionals are met and to ensure scientific and technical training needs of commercial organization are identified and met.
- Responsible for maintaining annual expenses within assigned budget parameters.
- Responsible for accurate and timely documentation of above activities.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of applicable pharmaceutical industry legal and regulatory guidelines.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Power Point and other software skills.
- Communicate information clearly, using a variety of media, to individuals and groups.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative skills.
- Strong presentation and teaching skills.
- Ability to communicate clinical and non-clinical technical information effectively.
- Ability to engage the audience and help them understand and retain information.
- Ability to learn clinical and non-clinical technical information.
- Ability to work independently and in a team structure.
- Demonstrated success at maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or environment.
- Ability to adjust effectively to work within new structures, processes, requirements or cultures.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to travel 50-60%.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the field of medical science liaison.
- Advanced degree (PharmD, PhD, MD, DO)
- Experience with a diverse number of therapeutic areas, preferably in rare disease.