IT Sr. Specialist
Regular, Full-time, Exempt
||Support the company’s internal IT, Help Desk, network and computer systems, laptop, smart phone, copy machine, email system, etc. Perform IT projects in implementation, systems integration, maintenance, etc.
|Essential Duties and
(Include but not limited to
Other duties may be assigned)
- Assist the company’s IT in the day-to-day activities in installation, diagnosis, trouble-shoot, documenting, maintenance, while ensuring optimal system performance.
- Perform inventory of company’s hardware equipment.
- Provide support and assistance for any Help Desk task and able to escalate with external IT vendor as needed.
- Coordinate and support end-user system and computer set-up, upgrade or cancellation.
- Provide end-user basic training as needed.
- Support business units with project systems implementation, integration and maintenance.
- Assist in NS Pharma’s company website update, maintenance as necessary or needed with the support of IT Japan vendor.
- Provide answers to questions about computer system, software, network, etc. from employees including a remote location and able to escalate to IT vendor if necessary or required.
- Be able to recommend propose software, hardware, and/or network systems to contribute in the efficient and effective operations of the company.
- Be able to watch out for any change and/or update relevant in the IT landscape and report and/or recommend to Management as needed.
- Good knowledge of network and PC hardware
- Working technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, and standards
- Working technical knowledge in MS Professional, MS Windows, Internet, Project Management Systems, Office 365 (SharePoint, Teams), etc.
- Ability to interact with external IT vendor to find resolution
- Work independently with some supervision for guidance
- Team player
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong customer relations
- Willing to go above and beyond to get the job done
- Must be able to work effectively in a multi-cultural, global team environment as responsibilities include collaboration with internal and external Japanese colleagues NS Pharma Japan (HQ).
- Prefer bilingual in Japanese and English but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 5 + years experience in Help Desk or IT preferably in the pharma or healthcare industry
- Prefer Certification in Microsoft, IC3 or any related certification.
- Experience with Help Desk Support
- Hands-on software troubleshooting experience