DMD Patient Experience Lead (PEL)
Director, Patient Services and Marketing
Regular, Full-time, Exempt
||This position is a key field-based member of the Market Access Patient Services team responsible for contacting designated accounts and providing case management support to Healthcare Professionals (HCPs) on behalf of patients.
|Essential Duties and
(Include but not limited to
Other duties may be assigned)
- Serves as the primary HCP interface for the insurance support, patient starts, and on-going insurance reauthorization live office visits, problem resolution, access support, office staff, education, and patient engagements.
- Ensure designated offices are securing written HIPAA consent for patients for whom the HCP has decided to prescribe NS065 or future brands.
- Work with NS Pharma Insurance Support partner and Specialty Pharmacy as the primary point of contact to mitigate insurance approval delays; ensure timely starts.
- Assist HCP office sin execution and follow-up, as directed, during the authorization and appeal process.
- Interact with appropriate patients via phone, text and in-person to educate, motivate and empower them during the treatment initiation processes as well as transition them to the NS Pharma Nurse Support programs, if applicable.
- Deliver NS Pharma Patient Services programs that educate HCP’s on the total offerings that support NS065 with treatment initiation, affordability solutions and nursing support.
- Work collaboratively with all appropriate field roles (Sales Manager, National Account Managers, Field Reimbursement Managers) and coordinate with the NS Pharma Case Managers to both proactively and reactively ensure patient program success in the field.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with key customer segments and thought leaders (academic institutions, community hospitals, specialty practices, medical groups, infusion centers) to improve patient access to NS065.
- Expedite current patient initiation best practices between medical providers; avoid lost opportunities for appropriate patients.
- Act in accordance with NS Pharma guidelines, practices and requirements.
- Delivering impactful results.
- Deep understanding of local, regional, and national insurance authorization policies and barriers to successfully target accounts, navigate patients for approval to start therapy.
- Knowledgeable in all applicable laws and regulations and maintain high ethical and legal standards aligned with NS Pharma’s Code of Conduct and other guidance provided.
- Demonstrated trustful relationships with internal and external stakeholders to accelerate business achievements; encourage and leverage diversity to improve outcomes.
- Seek new opportunities to create value for patients.
- Demonstrates curiosity and learns from the experience of success and failure; proactively shares knowledge with others in order to affect continuous improvement.
- Supports the implementation and acceptance of change across organization.
- Challenge the alignment of actions/initiatives against NS Pharma strategies, values and sense of purpose.
- Must be able to work effectively in a multi-cultural, global team environment.
- Ability to drive and/or fly to meetings and client sites
- Some overnight travel required 30-50%, depending on geographic assignments.
- BS, BA required; MBA preferred
- Case management, patient services, or pharmaceutical access experience a plus.
- At least 2+ years in a Specialty Pharmaceutical field-based role.
- At least 1+ years in a role centered on the marketing of services to help patients gain access to and/or use a specialty branded drug.
- Proven understanding of pharmacy benefit designs, prior authorization processes, and specialty pharmacy treatment pathways.
- Proven ability to build, maintain and influence effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.