Associate Director/Director, Medical Affairs
Vice President, Medical Affairs
Regular, Full-time, Exempt
||This position will provide medical/scientific strategic input and executional expertise for the launch of this new medication for a rare, orphan disease indication.
|Essential Duties and
(Include but not limited to
Other duties may be assigned)
- Review all materials submitted to the Promotional Review Committee for scientific/medical accuracy.
- Work collaboratively with the Commercial and Market Access Groups as the scientific resource on the launch product.
- Serve as a liaison to the patient advocacy groups working within this disease space.
- Analyze the competitor development and launch plan, trials designs, data analysis method and life cycle management activities and assess their position relative to the NS product.
- Develop and maintain relationships with physicians engaged in the treatment of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy.
- Assist with publication planning and content development of scientific communications.
- Assist with the development of Advisory Board planning and execution.
- Provide assistance in the training of medical science liaisons, field sales force representatives and market access representatives.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated a strong understanding of the patient and development of the patient journey, deriving insights from the data that will help to inform strategy and tactical implications.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and interpret data and translate that information into appropriate tactics and solutions to support pre and post-launch communications objectives.
- Clear understanding of the medical communications industry and current knowledge of industry issues and trends.
- Thorough understanding of compliance issues.
- Excellent time management, multitasking and ability to deliver on time and on point.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to teach or educate teams.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the field of medical affairs or related areas
- Advanced degree (preferably PharmD, PhD)
- Experience with a diverse number of therapeutic areas, preferably in rare disease
- Experience pre-launch and post launch communication activities